Area: Newark
![]() |
| Mt Vernon District |
![]() |
| Coshocton Elders |
![]() |
| cool mustang at the festival |
![]() |
| Silly Elder Oettli! |
![]() |
| Funny guy we contacted working on his pit bike |
![]() |
| acting like we're driving the jeep! |
Howdy howdy!
This week was another blur! I remember last Sunday sitting in sacrament meeting, then I think I blinked and I was back in sacrament meeting one week later. I couldn't quite wrap my head around it! But we had a really good week! We stayed busy and didn't really have any down time! Which is good! Starting last Monday night we've had another set of missionaries staying in our apartment every night! It's exhausting, but I love exchanges!
Tuesday we had an exchange with the New Albany Elders, Elder Smith and Elder Michels here for the exchange. I got to go with Elders Michels who was also in my district when I was in Jackson! It was good to talk about the good 'ol days! We started the day doing service for Sister Hutchinson. Her husband had just passed away so we decided it would be good to help her out! That was a good time mowing her lawn, edging, and getting a tree down! After that we stopped by Ron, had a good chat about hope with him! Then we stopped by Joseph for a short visit. We headed out to Hanover to help the Schofield's set up something at the grade school! That was pretty fun because it was cosi science stuff! That night after eating Canes, we had about 15 minutes before coordination! So we did some inspired knocking. We knocked one door and found two awesome people that we're going to meet with tonight! Then we had coordination and stopped by a couple other people! That was a great day!
Wednesday we had a bomb district council of Elder Lowry's in Mt Vernon! It was awesome! We also got a sweet district pic! We headed back and took care of some things. Sister Hutchinson was getting rid of two old lawn mowers so we got a red neck member named Jamie to come and load it into his truck and take it! That was pretty crazy! Then we headed to the Hall's for some more service! Later that night we stopped by Ray who seemed to be falling off track... Had a pretty good lesson and set up a time to come back!
![]() |
| Jamie with two riding mowers in his truck! |
Thursday was legit! It was 50 cent corn dog day! We had exchanges with OSU Elders Collier and Wraught! I got to knock Elder Wraught's very first doors with him! He hadn't knocked a door because he's in training and has only served on campus! But the first two hours in the morning were sweet! We did the survey and got into a house and had a full restoration lesson! We ended up fining four new people in the morning alone! It was awesome! We also had seven corn dogs each! Probably wasn't the best but it was good! That night we balled up! It was a party! There's starting to be a lot of people coming on Thursday nights which is awesome!
Friday we went on a surprise exchange in Coshocton! I got to go with Elder Thomas! He's a very Christ like stud! We had an awesome day and found three people in a "dead" area! It was awesome!
Saturday we went on exchanges with the Newark Elders and we got to experience a sweet miracle! We had a service post on Facebook blow up and long story short we helped a lady with some heavy lifting! She ended up being good friends with a member who just got called as a ward missionary and wants to meet with us! So that was sweet! We ended up being able to go to an ice cream festival in Utica! It was pretty huge surprisingly! That night we dropped Ray! It's hard to drop people but it happens!
Sunday was a good day! Not much happened other than having family night with the Schofield's which was sweet! We also drove to Mt Vernon on a bunch of dirt roads which was sweet! We had exchanges with them and I got to conduct an interview with Phillip! He's a stud! His Mom got baptized not to long ago now he's 12 and decided to get baptized! It was also his birthday so after the interview we had a nerf battle! It was lit! Most of Monday we helped the Hails' move stuff out of the house we are going to move into this Friday! That was a long process!!!!
Today we balled up pretty hard playing dunk ball! It was pretty awesome! But this week flew and I'm excited for this upcoming week! (and yes- we did sleep through the tornado sirens that went off last night. The tornados were to the south and west)
Well, I love you all! Have a wonderful week!
Love Elder Smoot!












No comments:
Post a Comment