Area: Newark
![]() |
| I cut elder Oettli's hair so I had to get a good Pic! Haha I think Talia would be proud. |
![]() |
| Matt showing his sweet fpv drone! |
![]() |
| Elder Neddo had a mark from hitting Wall!! |
Howdy howdy!
Hey ya'll, this week was awesome! Even though it was only since last Wednesday that I got to write a letter! Well we have had a wonderful week that started with good news. We got another set of elders here in Newark and it's been a blast!
Thursday was transfer day and that was a pretty long day. We left our apartment around 8 am to get to transfers on time. We had to go to help people with transfers because it's at our stake center. It's always good to see a bunch of missionaries you know and love. We did some weekly planning out in the sun because it finally wasn't raining! We waited until about 4:30 for the elders to get down south from the northern zones. We ended up getting back to our apartment around 6 pm! We welcomed Elders Neddo and Norris! That evening we got to go play basketball with the ward and a non member! The highlight of the night was when Elder Neddo was chasing the ball and went head first, full speed, right into a hard carpet wall!!! I felt awful but everyone was laughing because his head looked like it disappeared! There was a huge mark left on the wall after the fact but it was a good night!
Friday was a great day as well. All four of us played bingo with Lelah at the assisted living place, then we had a good lesson with Joseph! Afterwards we ended up doing weekly planning with the other elders to help them adjust to the area and talk to them about the teaching pool. In the evening we introduced them to a few of the solid and favorite members in the ward that love the missionaries. We took them to see Mama and Missi and Randy. We taught them the plan of salvation and Mama LOVED it!! She's so solid and is excited to get baptized on the 18th! We also tried to prank them by pretending the Williams were some crazy non member people but brother Williams broke up laughing!! It was pretty funny, but we sure love those guys! We also sang happy birthday to Meagan and gave her her favorite shake.
Saturday morning we headed over to the Sesser's because Meagan said we could come back because Travis would be home! So Elder Oettli and I went over and found out they were progressing way more than we both thought! It was a pleasant surprise. The rest of the afternoon we had to buckle down and do a bunch of administrative stuff with follow up calls and Google sheets. We stayed busy and productive the whole time and now we are set for the transfer with our zone focus!! We realized right before dinner we had left our keys in the Sesser's home so we didn't have a car! They were out and about and didn't get home until late so we used the blessing of having elders and went on exchanges to introduce to a couple people that we were teaching. I went with Elder Neddo to visit Logan and we did some finding on the way. They "nerded"(in Elder Neddos words) out and talked about video games and I was super lost. But it was a good time! We made some spiritual smokes for Mama and brought those to her that evening and read 2 Nephi 31 with them because it teaches the doctrine of Jesus Christ plainy and simply.
Sunday morning after retrieving our keys we had a great time at church. Everyone was flipping out that we have two sets of elders and that I was still here! It was pretty funny. Ninety percent of the ward was pretty happy but all of the single sisters weren't too enthused. But it was definitely the Lord's will because Newark is about to explode!! After church we went out finding and we literally found five in that one day!! God is good! We had some sweet lessons and one of the guys even gave us a shout out on facebook! That night we went to the Hall's and watched the ysa fire side which was super good and stressed me out at first but then I came to more peace that I didn't know I needed! The funny part was that it was on marriage! I'll leave it at that.
Today was sweet! We chilled at home for a while then decided to stop being lazy and go to the store. After that we went disc golfing and now we're playing ball at church! What a good time!
Well, we have a super busy week planned and I'm pretty excited for it! I sure love you all! Have a great week!
Love Elder Smoot!




No comments:
Post a Comment