Monday, May 20, 2019

Wk 96 - Mama Got Dunked!

Companion: Elder Oettli
Area: Newark








Howdy howdy!

Holy guacamole! What a week! This week was definitely one for the books! Last Monday was pretty insane! We had to go on exchanges with the Newark elders because we over booked ourselves! Elder Norris and I went to Shirley's baptismal interview at the church! It was so awesome to be there! Her heart has changed so much and she is a much happier person!

On Tuesday we had exchanged with Mt Vernon. I got to go with Elder Lowry here in Newark! We had six lessons set up until all but 2 fell through. One was with Shirley and one was with Cyndi, a recent convert! The day was awesome though! We had coordination at night and it went pretty well! It was a solid day.



Wednesday morning we finished exchanges at the Powells doing service! We were helping them paint the outside of their house! Elder Lowry and I painted underneath the gutters. I was told this lid to the paint can was on tight but when I was shaking it, it exploded all over me. I was pretty bummed but hey we got the job done! That night we had another solid lesson with Mama to get her ready for the big day! It was a good day but again, people just didn't want to talk to us!

We left early Thursday morning for district councils and interviews in New Albany! It was nice because we got a ride from the Halls because they were headed to the temple! The district councils where super good! I do have to say that the ones I've loved were Elder Green's because it was about being genuine and not fake. As well as Elder Lowry's having confidence! They where both super good! Interviews where bomb! Its so nice to have a mission president that you're practically family with! That night we came back with the Mt Vernon Elders, Jones and Lowry. We went to Mama's to have one last little interview and to make Mama Smoot homemade hot chocolate! They loved it! It was soo good! That night we also got to play basketball with a couple of non members! It was super fun! 

Friday, that was a rough but good day. Satan was doing everything he can. We got kicked out of two apartment complexes! We got chewed out by a bunch of people and needless to say it was rough. It reminded me of the scriptures about how there is opposition in all things! One day we were getting ripped into and the next day we had a baptism! So it's all good! The best part of the day was meeting with a man named Francis! He walked into church the Sunday before! He's pretty solid! Sadly it sounds like he may be moving soon! But since we were exhausted and the house was dark, Elder Oettli ended up dozing off and Francis was very concerned for his health! We felt bad but it was pretty funny! And we also got to play bingo! 

Saturday was a special day! It was Elder Norris' bday so we went and had a little surprise for him at Missis! We got him some doughnuts! We also stopped by Joseph for a little lesson! Later in the day we filled up the font and got ready for the baptism! I went out and worked with Elder Neddo for about fifteen minutes because we hadn't found anyone yet. We ended up finding a guy who was super against us at first but it was cool!

That night we had the baptism!! I had the honor of baptizing her! The best part was that she has a huge fear of going back words, so we baptized her forward! Hahaha! Everyone was telling us to scoot forward but Elder Oettli was like it's okay she's going forward! Then after the prayer she nearly jumped up and we baptized her forward! It was such a special moment! President Stratford was there and loved how we did that! He was dying laughing! It was awesome! We even got Texas roadhouse to celebrate!

Sunday was sweet! We confirmed her during sacrament meeting! It was a special moment and she was just about shouting for joy! We had a stake coordination after church which was awesome! I love the leaders of this stake! I felt out of place being with such powerful guys but it was also pretty cool! We got some good inside scoops for transfers with President there! It was awesome!

Well, I hope each of you had a special week like mine! I love you all and I hope you have a great week! 

Love Elder Smoot 

No comments:

Post a Comment