Wednesday, May 1, 2019

Wk 93 - Transfer Week Already!?

Companion: Elder Oettli
Area: Newark
picking up Elder Rasmussen-
got to see some of my favorite Elders!


Did some service
Took a Pic at Herbert's old apartment in marble cliff!


We got Colton!

At the airport...
Elder Oettli and I are coming home too! :)
 Howdy howdy! 

I'm not sure what I would have done if we weren't busier than all get out this week! We had to go to Columbus a few times! I was in Columbus for both Tuesday and Wednesday! Tuesday I got to go on exchanges with the one and only, Elder Collier!! Saturday I got to go the the Spanish area with Elder Valdez which was sweet! When Thursday came around we had a special assignment from President that we had to go right back to Columbus for. 

So after last Monday, way back a week and a half ago- We stopped by a couple of people that we had planned on! We decided to bike over to Matt's house to see how he was doing! While we were biking over there we talked to everyone we saw and ended up finding a new person to teach! It was awesome!! 

Tuesday was incredible! We got to go to OSU and I got to go on an exchange with Elder Collier! It was so nice to be his companion again! He's a stud and I love him a lot! We literally probably walked like 10 miles or more! It was constant walking the whole day! We talked to a ton of people and we found a couple of new people for them to teach. We got to teach a young man who was claiming to be an atheist. By the end of the lesson he changed his mind to being Agnostic and promised us that he would read the whole Book of Mormon! The Spirit was very strong and it was cool to see his heart soften even just a little bit!! But the highlight of the day was eating empanadas for two bucks a piece! It was a party! 

Wednesday was pretty legit as well! I went foreign for the day! We had a district council in the morning with the language district! Then I had a cool opportunity to go on exchanges with Elder Valdez speaking spanish! Let me tell ya, it's pretty hard to just sit there and not say anything because you know nothing! The fun part was that I got to read the Book of Mormon in a lesson and they were very impressed with my reading ability even though I didn't know what I was doing. But the Spirit was still strong!! 

Thursday morning we had some madness start up! In the morning we did a quick blitz with the Westerville Elders. We went out and found two new people who were super solid! Elder Bond who is brand new, is a stud! He truly cares and wants to be the best he can be! We drove back to Newark after that to trade back companions and we got some crazy news. Elder Oetlli and I found out we were getting a third companion named Elder Rasmussen for a few days before he headed home!! So we drove all the way back to Columbus to pick him up! 

The next four days flew by!! We got to do some service at the Lindau's! We had a sweet miracle after a wedding we went to. We ended up running into a member who's husband just passed away, and she invited us over and we gave her a blessing and it was very spiritual! Highlight of the week was putting Mama (or Shirley) on date!! It was so Spiritual and she is so ready! 

God is good! I love you all! Have a good week! 

Love Elder Smoot!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment