Monday, September 25, 2017

Wk 10 - Out with the old in with the new!


Companion: Elder Spencer
Area: Marble Cliff 2

Corn fields in Ohio
Bye bye elder Woodworth

Killed my comp haha!
(he went home Friday)

 Elder Spencer! He's from Delaware and he's been out 16 months! He's way cool.
 He's a cool guy. Loves the work and loves to enjoy it.
Well I killed Elder Woodworth on Thursday and brought Elder Spencer back to Marbella Cliff as my follow up trainer! He's alright I guess. haha jk he's awesome! He loves to enjoy the work! We got a lot of big things that are really gonna happen!

Jaimie and Max are doing great and we love watching them learn and grow! Nicky kinda had some concerns and kinda has been avoiding us but hopefully we'll be able to help her work through those! We brought a man named Herbert to church with us, he lives in German Village which is probably the nicest area in our area and we taught him on Saturday for the first time! He's such an awesome guy and we've already set it up for him to watch conference at a members house! It was funny, the ward we're serving in does a general conference tradition where they play Frisbee golf at 8! They announced it and Herbert looked at me and was like "I want that" hahaha! He's African and it was hilarious! So we're going with him to that too! And he was so excited to go to church again and committed to being baptized! 

Yesterday after church during personal study we got a call from the APs saying they had some good news! They had a member of about 3 years say that her sister called and wanted to be baptized and come to church that day! Haha but she explained how it worked and she was like well send the missionaries my way! So we got her info and went to her house that night! She was Golden! Elaine is her name and the reason she wanted the gospel so bad was because she saw how much it changed her sister for the better, Their mom had passed away 41 days before that and she wanted to be the best she can and be a better mom for her 5 year old son! We taught her the first lesson, the restoration. Two parts of the lesson I wanted to talk about. First we asked her a very simple question of "what would it mean to you if the church that God had on this earth when Jesus Christ was on the earth, was on this earth today?" She instantly answered well of course I would go! It made me realize how special our message really is. I knew it was amazing before but to someone who hasn't had it their whole life, how much that would mean! It was so awesome to see that! The other thing I wanted to mention is it came up that you know there's so much hope and blessings as you follow Him. We mentioned that as she sets that example for her son that he could be baptized and someday maybe even serve a mission like we were and teach people about Jesus Christ. She suddenly got very emotional in a happy way and wanted to know more. We asked her to be baptized next Month on the 28th and she was so excited to do that! We are so blessed to have her and be a part of her conversion! 

Another really cool thing that is going on in the marble cliff is we've felt that we should start a class to teach people about Mormon beliefs. We started this process Saturday night and decided we'd do it every Monday from 7-8. We made fliers and have a room in the library to meet in! We aren't expecting too many tonight but we're excited to get it going! Hopefully we can help more and more people realize that God's kingdom has once again been established on this earth! 
A cool flier we made for our class

God is good, God is great, this church is true and I love spreading that wonderful word! 

Love ya'll so much. Hope all is well and that you have opportunities to spread that great word as well. And if you don't, find them because who's to say that you have to have a tag on your shirt to do so! 

Love yall! Talk to you Monday!

Elder Smoot
Sloopy's! I did it in 2:45
 Sadly I took second, an elder who isn't here had 2:40
. I'll beat him someday.


*We are watching General conference at a cool members house in their theater! And they promised food for all the sessions and they're awesome.

*(silly request)  I would love a roll up putting green with a hole so we can mini gold in the apartment at night when we are bored! We're about to head to a thrift shop so I'm gonna get a gold club and a ball! Haha I want to be able to take it with me from area to area! 
(then later...)Mom you aren't gonna believe what just happened! We booked it down to the thrift shop and I found a putting green (the one I wanted), a golf club and some extra beater shoes that are slip on! All for 15 bucks! I'm so pumped! Hahaha!
Heading home from the thrift shop!




No comments:

Post a Comment