Area: Marble Cliff 2
![]() |
| the lucky deer named Stanley in the zl apartment ..and America |
![]() |
| Ohio schedule |
![]() |
| winter! |
![]() |
| shirt I ordered from the mtc |
![]() |
| Packages! Haha yes! |
![]() |
| twin vets |
![]() |
| James fell asleep on me in priesthood |
![]() |
| Chipotle |
![]() |
| just went to this church by our house. So pretty inside! |
![]() |
| Elder Bagley our zl one I was with on exchanges this week. Should a talked about those but they were really good I learned a ton from him! |
![]() |
| We ate at canes! Really good chicken! Elder Curtis me elder Bagley elder Woodworth. |
Well this was another pretty good week but to be honest time is kinda going by fast so I'm not sure what all happened this week or the rest! Haha but we did have a great miracle this week, and we also had a lot of meetings.
On Thursday we had zone conference. At zone conference we got face book.
We talked a lot about how we should use it to reach out to those investigating. There were some really cool and inspiring videos shown and I'm excited to see the work grow. We've already had many miracles in the mission and it's definitely helped us stay in contact with some of our investigators. I love President Stratford's testimony. It's so powerful and strengthened mine every time.
On Friday we had our follow up training meeting. He had two powerful talks/presentations. The first one he told us a story about his mission. His president, elder Ballard, gave him a call and told him his new comp needed help. He was determined to turn his comp's mission around. They worked so hard until they finally got a baptism. After the baptism the lady that was baptized invited the district over for a meal, so they went and some how he ended up in her above ground pool in his shirt and tie. He bore a very powerful testimony on how much he grew from that mistake. His president found out of course. He told us why he shared this story and it hit me very hard. He explained that on our missions we can not get casual. In life. We can not get casual because the moment we get casual we mess up. That stuck with me ever since and I hope I can apply that throughout my mission. After the first meeting we split up and the trainers went to a class room while the trainees went together onto campus because we were at the institute building! Me Elder Goode went out for 15 to 20 minutes together and found 3 people to refer! It was so cool! We killed it! Then after that we had lunch and had a final meeting on the becoming a consecrated missionary talk by tad r callister for missionaries. The day before, the APs asked me to speak on a section of the talk along with a couple other missionaries. I talked on "putting negativism and sarcasm on the table". Strangely enough that's something I had been focusing on! My testimony definitely grew I as I bore my testimony and I'm so grateful for that. It was definitely a wonderful meeting.
But not much else happened this week except blessings with Jaimie and Max her son. Last Monday we gave her a call. She answered and told us she was starting to doubt everything. She was this close to giving up right before we called. On Tuesday we sent her a talk "my peace I leave with you" and she said the feeling she got from it changed her. We encouraged her to continue to pray and read and that God would watch out for her. This week her husband, who was jobless, found a job. She said they prayed once as a family for the first time ever. Max who needed new shoes which they could not afford, the librarian randomly brought him a pair of shoes. After she had those thoughts she turned and asked the Lord and he blessed her, she new that he did. It was amazing to see and to feel her testimony. And the day we met her she smoked over 20 cigarettes a day. She's now down to 4, she has come to church 2 times and Max was able to come as well. She is so excited to follow the example of Christ by being baptized with her son Max. It won't be easy but it'll be worth it. We hope and pray that her husband will open up as she sets an example.
I'm so grateful for the spirit, for the testimony I have gained. I'm so happy I'm doing the Lord's work and I would not be able to do it without him by my side picking me up when I fall down. I love this gospel, the truthfulness of it. Thanks you for all that you guys do for me. And Anthony (who came to church last week but not this week but is still trying to be closer to Christ) always likes to say, have a blessed week!
And also we have been very blessed this week we had Nicky and James come to church as well. That's 4 investigators at church 2 weeks in a row. That's a huge miracle. James is on the street but looking for a change in his life. Nicky in ywca but she has been looking for the truth since she was 4 and is already making changes to come closer to church.
Great full for Gods many blessings in this life. Love yall! Talk to you next Wednesday! (transfers are next week, so Pday is Wednesday)
















No comments:
Post a Comment