Area: Marble Cliff 2
![]() |
| Emailing! |
![]() |
| Cutting hair- yes he looks bald but he isn't |
General conference! What a weekend! This whole week was wonderful!
Monday after p day we had our first class! It went really good even though we only had two people! Brother Burchett and Herbert! I feel like we covered a lot and it was very helpful! Hopefully we have more for our class tonight!
Tuesday we got to teach someone who used to be on date but backed away. His name is James! That went really good and we set up a return appointment with him. We hope to get his family involved as well!
In Wednesday we had a good district meeting and ward coordination!
On Thursday we did a lot of service. We went from ten to 12 at the clothing Distribution center then after lunch til dinner power washing at Brother Burchett's house and fence! It was very fun! Haha! if you don't think service can be fun, try it some time!
Then on Thursday we were able to go to the children's hospital and give a child a blessing and also his great grandmother. Then we had a wonderful opportunity to have a lesson with Beth who is struggling with faith right now. We were very fortunate to have President and Sister Stratford come and teach with us at the church. We addressed some of her concerns and hope and pray that she will act on what she has come to know.
On Friday we got to do some more service with the riverside elders in the Columbus temple! It's so wonderful to see all the work to be done to the Lord's house and to also be a part of it. After we had our weekly planning and after dinner. Brother Messer, always coming through, picked us up and we had a couple amazing lessons. Both of which were on the plan of salvation. The first lesson was with Elaine! She had already read past what we assigned her and she explained that for the first time she hasn't ever been so interested in any book and even without praying she already knew it was true. It was so wonderful to see how excited she is to get baptized on the 28th! As we taught her the lesson it was so cool to see how she was just like,this all makes perfect sense! Which it does! Because the Lord's plan for us is perfect! She has a wonderful son who is 5 and is the sweetest kid ever. I'm so happy for them. The second lesson was with Herbert! Herbert is a stud! We didn't get very far into the lesson before we had to go but we figured it was better to teach for understand entirely than to get through the lessons! Herbert was so excited to learn and is very happy he agreed to meet. We then asked Herbert if he would like to be baptized on the 28th as well, his response was so awesome he said, "oh, I would be so honored!" It was so cool and it's awesome how strong the spirit is!
Saturday! We went to the wards semi-annual Frisbee golf tournament with Herbert. It was so much fun! Perfect weather and a cool course! The top three winners get their name on a plaque in the church! I took third so I made it on the board! I was so happy! Haha then we watched General conference at the Yearsly's. I wish I could talk about all of the talks but one that stood out to me most was on Sunday. Tad R. Callister, about the book of Mormon! The main message I got out of it was something I've been focusing on while teaching people. As we come to know the book is true through reading, studying, praying, fasting we can not forget what we've felt and when we come to know that the Book is true we have to know and realize that it means everything else is true. Christ's church that he had originally established is once again restored. That Joseph Smith is a prophet called of God. That Thomas S. Monson and all of the prophets leading up to him are truly prophets called of God!
![]() |
| Bro Yearsley |
![]() |
| General Conference |
I know these things are true, because I know the book of Mormon is true, and I will always stand up for what I know, I may not know it all, but I sure do know enough and that's that the Book of Mormon is true! I love this work and the happiness it brings to my life and to others as well. I'm grateful for this opportunity. I always will be.
Love you guys so much! Hope you have a blessed week! And use the technology we have and re-watch the words of those called of God!
Love you!
Love, Elder Smoot!








No comments:
Post a Comment