Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Wk 9 - Man down Man down!

Companion: Elder Woodworth
Area: Marble Cliff2

the car we got on Exchanges
and they had a deer on their porch! 






More canes haha! we only went twice jsyk
Gotta have more cow bell at canes last week with riverside elders- elder Winn 


My desk


Service at bro burchetts house
yes, we did flower beds

Ribs baby!


Smoke house with bro burchett

my pressies chip dip with cheese

Canes canes and more canes.




elder Woodworth ripped his pants falling off his bike


Service place



Well I kill my trainer tomorrow! That's kinda weird! I'm so excited for him and he's been such a great influence to me, to make me want to be a better missionary myself and to continue to be a brighter light in this world so good luck in life Elder Woodworth! Haha. And with him I made it one transfer all thanks to the Man up stairs! I'm just grateful for those he has put in our path and those who are willing to listen. It's a blessing in my life to see how someone who was lost can change their life and suddenly be that much happier! 

It's been a week and a half since last p day but honestly I don't know if I remember much of it! Haha! last week I got to go out on exchanges with Elder Hepler who I came out with! We got to use a car and boy was that nice! Haha we taught one man who had served a mission then removed his records from the church some time after and remembered the joy he had when he had the gospel. He wanted to be re baptized and feel the love peace and joy again! 

The other man we taught was kind of hard to teach. He was married to a convert and had been investigating the church for a couple years now. He said every missionary he's met with has told him the same thing but he wanted to find out his way. Which was to find proof the book of Mormon was true. He had been doing research and felt like he didn't have enough. All the sudden the spirit told us to be very bold. We told him that you aren't gonna find that it's true if you don't read it for yourself. You aren't gonna know its true if you don't pray to know with the right intent. You aren't gonna know its true until the day or the moment you decide to take that leap of faith and decide to do everything the missionaries ask you to do and to figure out for yourself that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is the one and only true church! It was cool to see his response. He kinda just sat there and was like well I guess you're right. Maybe I do need to just try it. I hope and pray that he does take that leap of faith and that he will do so with the right mind and a pure intent of knowing. 

I now know for myself and I won't forget that no matter how much we go through and how much we struggle in life, as long as we can take the courage to work as hard as we can for ourselves and put faith in our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, He will never let us down. That doesn't mean our will and God's will, will always be the same but we can always learn and always take time to sit back and count our many blessings! 

The scripture 4 Nephi 1:3: 'And they had all things common among them; therefore there were not rich and poor, bond and free, but they were all made free, and partakers of the heavenly gift.' My Father asked me what I thought the heavenly gift was, and through study I thought it was really cool to think and read about. The first part of it basically is that saying  we are all the same, and we are, we are all children of God. We all are here to learn and to grow and to become as he is. In order to grow and to learn we have things on this earth that are there to guide us. One being the atonement. What a great blessing that is, we couldn't go anywhere without it. Two being temples and baptism, making promises with the Lord in our lives to follow him and his example then the opportunity to renew our covenants each and every week! But what this all leads to is Exaltation, the opportunity that we have to become as he is and to live with him again. To live with him and our families for eternity, that is God's greatest gift and all we have to do is do our best to follow his example to keep our promises the best we can and try our best to be exactly as he is! 

I love this gospel and the many blessings it brings to my life. I am grateful I get to share this plan with his children each and everyday for the next two years! I love you guys and I pray for you! 

Keep reading the good word, keep doing good things! Hope ya'll have a good one!


Love Elder Smoot! 


*sorry you don't get to know who my next comp is til Monday because I don't know til tomorrow! Kinda a bummer! I have some ideas because as far as I know there's only two follow up trainers and one of them has already served in Marble Cliff!  It's true though you definitely can learn something out of all of your experiences! And right now that's what is helping me stay positive and keep a big cheeser on my face! Haha it's so weird killing my trainer the first transfer, haha he said he hasn't seen it his whole mission! Kinda weird! But glad you had a good week! And thank you soo much for the letter! That made my week and yes I already have the magnet up! Haha love it! Thanks! Love ya! 

*I'll tell you more about it but the place we're going is sloopies. It's on Ohio State campus.They have a breakfast of Six chocolate chip pancakes stacked and the missionaries have a challenge called sloopies challenge and I'm gonna break the record today!  I've been practicing but I hope I beat it! Haha oh and it's loaded with peanut butter! Don't think I mentioned that! There is no internet but hopefully we'll be back by six! If not I love you guys so much! Yall are the best! Hope you have a good rest of the week! And I'll let you know about transfers Monday

No comments:

Post a Comment