Area: Dublin
![]() |
| Happy Valentine's Day! |
![]() |
| Will you be my Valentine? |
Howdy howdy,
To start it all of on Monday night, we went to taco bell and did some Facebook finding and contacted some people! It was pretty funny when one of the young men walked in. We're pretty close to him and he's going through a lot but it was hilarious because he was with a girl! He was pretty embarrassed and didn't even want to talk to us so we went and talked to him! It was pretty funny. After that we had a member text and ask if we wanted a pizza to take home so of course we ran over there and got ourselves a free pizza! After that we had a pretty cool lesson over the phone with one of Elder Collier's recent converts who's going through a very hard time. But it was awesome. He opened up and the Spirit was very strong! Great night.
Tuesday, we got to go on exchanges with the Worthington Elders, Elder Thomas and Elder Davis! It was an awesome day! We started driving over there when the housing coordinator called us and told us to come over to the Mission home with another set of elders to set up more bunk beds! So that was pretty convenient and we all got to go help for a couple hours and we got Canes for it! It was awesome! I was with Elder Thomas for the rest of the day here in Dublin. He's one of the happiest most Spiritual guys I've ever met. He's so awesome and very genuine! He's from Saratoga Springs! The night was awesome! We had a sweet dinner at the Kron's and after we went and picked Sam up, who it's Mitch's little brother, he just as much of a stud! We took him to see the Didiers and it was awesome! The Mom really opened up! It was a very spirit filled lesson! The day was awesome!
Tuesday, we got to go on exchanges with the Worthington Elders, Elder Thomas and Elder Davis! It was an awesome day! We started driving over there when the housing coordinator called us and told us to come over to the Mission home with another set of elders to set up more bunk beds! So that was pretty convenient and we all got to go help for a couple hours and we got Canes for it! It was awesome! I was with Elder Thomas for the rest of the day here in Dublin. He's one of the happiest most Spiritual guys I've ever met. He's so awesome and very genuine! He's from Saratoga Springs! The night was awesome! We had a sweet dinner at the Kron's and after we went and picked Sam up, who it's Mitch's little brother, he just as much of a stud! We took him to see the Didiers and it was awesome! The Mom really opened up! It was a very spirit filled lesson! The day was awesome!
On Wednesday, the weather did not want to cooperate and decided it wanted to be about negative 20 or 30 degrees! It was crazy!! But on the bright side we got a lot of Facebook finding done because we couldn't go out unless we had a reason and we couldn't be outside for more than fifteen minutes!
All day Thursday we had a phenomenal zone conference!! It was way good!! Right up front, in the beginning they shared a quote that I loved!!! "If you have a bad thought about yourself, tell it to go to hell because that's exactly where it came from!" said by the one and only, Brigham Young. I love it because of how true it is! God will never tell us there's anything bad or wrong with us. Another thing they talked about with that is how satan lives in the past, we can not dwell on it. In the training we gave with the Sister training leaders, after congratulating them on being by far the highest baptizing zone in the Stake, we felt a need to talk about diligence! I used an old parable that my father taught me about fires. But I related it to missionary work and how the more logs we use and keep in the fire, the brighter it will be. But as soon as we remove one log, or stop using one of the tools God has given us, the log will die very quickly and the fire won't be as bright. I also shared a story about fishing in the winter in the snow and freezing cold, and how that's a day I'll remember forever because I pushed through all the opposition and it ended up being a wonderful day!! We also got to have an hour meeting at the end with our stake president, President Welch, and Brother Feldschau. They are very determined to get the Stake to be the best missionaries and it's wonderful! Zone conference was amazing to say the least.
On Friday we just did the usual for the most part with planning and all the reports we have to keep up to date! It was a party because it was Elder Colliers Birthday!! I ended up texting the Thomas's and they had us come for dinner and a party!! It was a blast! We got to play a card game that was like monopoly with a twist! It was way fun! They had a taco bar, which is Elder Colliers favorite! And they also had his favorite dessert!! It was a blast!
Saturday we stayed busy just working the area! It was a pretty good day! Sadly nothing to significant came form it! But it was a good day!!
Sunday was really good! We had a great testimony meeting and I even shared my testimony!! But we had the bishop's daughter share her testimony. She has been bringing a close friend to church the past few weeks and she bore her testimony on opening your mouth even with her friend there! It was awesome!! So we went to the youth class and her friend had some way good insights! It was sweet! So Monday our Bishop ended up texting us and asked about the process of meeting with a youth! So, sadly I'm leaving but it sounds like they will be able to meet with her soon! She's so ready for baptism! Sunday after church we went to the Thomas's for steak! It was incredible as always! That night we went out with Sam to the Didier's and watched the Restoration movie with them and they accepted a baptismal date for the 20th of April!! It's super exciting!! Sunday was awesome!!
Monday was weird because it wasn't pday! It was basically a regular day just out working and it was actually very warm! It's so much better when the sun's out! Monday night we went to the Mission home to pick up two missionaries to spend the night with us. They were with us until noon on Tuesday, so Tuesday morning we took them out to work!! When we dropped them off we got to get Elder Barnson to be in a trio with us for the day. We went out and worked until we had a stake Coordination with President Welch and Brother Feldschau. It was awesome! I actually enjoyed a meeting! But during the meeting the assistants walked in with Elder Bishop who they had asked if we could have with us for the night and take him to the airport in the morning. So it was a good night but three am came awfully early!! So now today, Wednesday, I have been up since three am. We got so much done so quickly! Took him to the airport, got back at about 5:50, then went and picked up Elder Wright form the mission home so he could be with us until Friday, which was at 6. Then at 6:30 we went to seminary and taught the class and shared some experiences and did some role plays with them! It was legit! After that we got back and started pday! I packed a bit then we went and played basketball for few hours and now I'm here! This week's been awesome! I'm sad to leave Dublin and a stud of a companion, Elder Collier, but I'm stoked for what the Lord has in store for me and my new companion, Elder Paul in Newark!
Love you all! Have a great week! Talk to you Monday!!
Love Elder Smoot
PS- I love when I get surprise texts from awesome members who take such good care of the missionaries!:
| Here are two well-fed missionaries from the Ohio Columbus Mission! Thank you for loaning your precious boys to us for two years. Both Elder Smoot and Elder Thomas have wonder, pleasant spirits. |
Another one I got today:
Good morning! I had to let you know how great your sons are doing here
as missionaries and thank you for your mothering! They texted me at 5:15
this morning asking if they could come to seminary. We had a session of
"school of the prophets," with them replacing Orson Hyde as teacher.
They had to drop off a departing elder at the airport earlier so they were
already up...so was I since I teach early morning seminary. They shared
their personal experiences with the decision to come serve a mission, then
taught the class of 14 juniors and seniors how to share testimony of various
principles of the gospel at school, in every day conversation. They then taught
how to practice through role playing. It was a great morning! Your sons have
been such positive influence in my own children as we've had them in our
home often. We all love them! They have grown so much in so many ways;
it's just such a witness that this is the work of God! Sadly, Elder Smoot is
being transferred this week, but we know there are lives to be blessed
as he finishes out his work here in "the Ohio."











No comments:
Post a Comment