Monday, February 11, 2019

Wk 82 - Newark "Nurk"

Companion: Elder Paul
Area: Newark

Got this text:
I'm having diner with these two elders! My son was Elder Paul's companion-
It was so fun to meet them. Both are fantastic warriors in the Lord's Army

IHOP!

IHOP again!

Haunted Jail!

Out shoveling!


Halo Helmet dude!

Dope Halo Helmet!

On Thursday I got transferred and the first thing we did was unpack and go to a funeral!

 Friday! Friday was awesome! We had a ton of stuff to do and we got a bunch done! In the morning we went and got maintenance done and met a sweet guy named Zach who was the manager at the car shop. We set everything up to be reported over Google sheets and it's awesome! We had calls with each of the District Leaders to get to know them and introduce the reporting tools. It was super busy, tiring, and of course we had to take a break and get some Raising Canes! Its always good! We got to go to IHOP for dinner with one of Elder Paul's recent Converts which was fun! A cool story that happened was when we were walking in, I saw this ring that was pretty dang nice, just laying on the side walk so I picked it up and brought it in and gave it to our waitress. Like five minutes after, another waitress came walking out bawling to thank me for finding her ring! It was such a cool moment but also awkward because I didn't know how to respond! I guess it ended up being her engagement ring which was cool! It was sweet, even Elder Paul's recent convert teared up! After dinner we went and stopped by the Schofields who are now probably one of my favorite families in Newark for sure! They're sweet! They had 7 tiny little puppies! It was awesome! Their name is the Schofields! After that we stopped by a guy named Logan who has this sweet halo helmet! It was pretty cool and I'm excited to work with him as well!

 Saturday was also a very good day! In the morning we got to finish up some records and reporting tools in Google sheets which took longer than expected but it turned out very good and we are excited to use it! After we went and read a chapter out of the book of Mormon with a guy named Joseph who is a recent convert! He's a pretty cool guy and I think we're gonna be able to go to the temple with him this transfer! It's gonna be sweet! Then we met a guy named Ron who is also a pretty recent convert, it was pretty funny I had an idea that I got from primary about giving him a prayer rock so we excused ourselves for a few minutes and went and found a prayer rock! He was actually pretty excited! Saturday night I met Rupert who is an older gentleman. He was pretty funny, I guess he's leaving it up to us to find him a wife! The last thing we did was visit the Rines. They are the ones who I attended the funeral for. They're going through a hard time with the loss of the grandmother but it was a really good visit! I love that family already!

Sunday, we got to go to church! This ward is legit! This is the first ward that I've ever seen that has the new missionaries stand up to introduce them!! I couldn't believe it! I also was asked to stand in on a confirmation for someone I didn't know! Super awkward but the Spirit was strong! I met a lot of sweet people! It's good to be back in the country to say the least!! People actually wore boots to church! But the rest of the day Sunday we got hit hard with snow which was fun! We had dinner with the Glasers and afterwards we shoveled their drive! It was a good time! We ended up stopping by a referral who let us right in and we ended having a very interesting time to say the least! But it was a good day!!

Today was pretty sweet!! We basically went shopping, drove to pawn shops, the mall, and a haunted jail, ate Chipotle and that was about it! But it's been a great week and I'm really excited to be here in Newark with Elder Paul! There is yet to be a dull moment!

Love you all, hope you have a wonderful week!

Oh and fun fact, every one calls Newark "Nurk"!!

Love Elder Smoot

No comments:

Post a Comment