Area: Dublin
![]() |
| District Activity! |
Howdy howdy,
Well, needless to say the weeks been great! As always! We started the week off hot with Elder Collier having a fever on Monday! I felt so bad because he was in a lot of pain from his fever then on top of that he felt bad because we had to stay in all of preparation day! I really wasn't mad or upset at all but man I was bored out of my mind!! I got a lot of things done though. But Monday I was pretty impressed by Elder Collier and how much he slept. I would say he slept at least 18 hours that day! He even went to bed on time and slept the whole night!
Tuesday we got up and got going on the day. Elder Collier was feeling fine and we had to go first thing to get the necessary groceries because we couldn't the day before! We went out side, the day was great, then our car didn't start! So we got it jumped and left it running for about an hour then went to Walmart, ran in for five minutes, came running back out and what do you know, it doesn't start again! So we got it jumped again! We then decided it was time to call the vehicle coordinator Elder Hardman and we got to take it into the shop! Left it there for about an hour so we walked to lunch and came back. The nice thing was we got a new battery! Now our car starts every time! But the bummer was that Elder Collier's fever hit him again during lunch and we had to run home. We were in for the rest of the day again! I felt bad for him! Still amazed at how much he slept! Haha! I'm also amazed at how bored I can get when there's literally nothing to do! But all is well!
Wednesday, we had district council in the morning and we got to video call into Mansfield's district Council which was pretty good! Always love feeling the Spirit! After district council we did a lot of Facebook finding and had a bunch of conversations at the same time! Such a blessing! Afterwards we got to go walk Biscuit, the mission dog! She's the best! We had a member meal and we even brought her along for their kid to play with her. He was in heaven and we got breakfast for dinner. Their names are the McDowns! They are dope! He served in Tanner's mission in Brazil, which is pretty cool! But anyways we ended up getting to go to young men's and spent the night at the mission home! It was so fun! I always love getting to spend the night there!
On Thursday we got to go on exchanges here in Dublin with the Marysville Elders! I was with Elder Barnson for the day and it was awesome! We ended up finding four people!!! Two of them were form a few hours on Facebook and the other two were from being out and about! We met this Chinese man named Pain. He's 25 and is pretty cool. He has gone to a different church but grew up in China and doesn't know if God's real. But when we explained the Book of Mormon he loved it and wanted his own! He invited us back! He also originally invited us right in and gave us boiling hot water to drink! It wasn't very good and I found out I'm not a fan and plain old hot water! We also found a former that night! It was pretty sweet and he said he'd be at church but sadly, he never came. But it was a way cool day! Elder Barnson is a stud! And for the second night in a row we got to stay at the mission home again! It was awesome!
Friday morning we froze our bums off! We got to move the Allison's from Jackson into their new apartment in Powell because they got transferred into the office! That morning, poor Elder Collier was again feeling like crap. This time it was his digestive system to say the least so we gave him a blessing and lucky him he got to stay in the truck the whole time! But it's alright I just wanted him to feel better! But we got them all moved in and they took us out the New China Express, which is probably my favorite Chinese place out here! The rest of Friday we stayed in again but this time it was at the mission home and at least I could play ping-pong by myself. I was pretty bored again but my body isn't wired to nap anymore! That night President and Sister Stratford were coming home so they told us to stay so she could doctor him up! So we stayed and they fed us breakfast the next day which was way good! Then we went on with our day!
Saturday after breakfast at the Mission home we went and got a Chinese Book of Mormon for Pain and brought it to him! He was very grateful and he took one for his friend too! But the rest of the day I had a headache probably because I hadn't seen the sun in so long! But it was all good because we got some stuff done! It was a good day.
Sunday was way cool! We went to ward council then to our sacrament meeting. Had one person there. Then we got to leave and go with Daylon to the OSU young single adult ward! It was awesome! We wanted him to see that he's not the only young guy in the church. I thought the talks were perfect for him and so was the lesson. He's going through kind of a hard time right now but at least he's headed in the right direction. Im excited to see what the Lord has in store for him!
Today was awesome! We had a great district Council. We played a game where everyone brought random food from their house and three groups had to each make either an appetizer, main course, or a dessert! They all turned out really surprisingly well actually! After that we got to watch the Best Two Years, which was always good!
Well, although the days were kind of long, the week flew by! This week we got zone conference so I'm pretty stoked! But I love you all! Hope ya'll have a great week!
Love Elder Smoot








No comments:
Post a Comment