Area: Jackson
![]() |
| We found a chicken on a door! |
![]() |
| Elder Nelsons first time to sonic on 50 cent corn dog day! |
![]() |
| Baby turtle |
![]() |
One of the members had a birthday party and had us
over for dinner! It was a blast!
|
![]() |
| Plymale's pond this morning! |
![]() |
| Service! This path was once covered now it's pretty! Helped out Ralph because he wanted a path for his walker |
![]() |
| Elder Nelson cruising during service! |
![]() |
| My turn on the scooter! |
![]() |
| His chicken... |
Howdy howdy!
Well this week was one for the books! Last Thursday we had an awesome experience. We were on our way to do some service and we're both randomly craving little caesars! So conveniently on our left there was a little caesars! So we stopped and ordered some pizza and wings, the wings are tiny so not even worth it. But after we order this guy walks in and I just kept looking at him and we kept making eye contact. It was almost like I knew him but I knew I didn't know him. He was a very skinny guy who had appeared to have a rough past, all I felt and could feel was love for him. I wanted to help him and I knew I needed to talk to him. I had no idea how because there was a bunch of people in there. Suddenly when he went to order he ordered something and didn't have enough money so I knew that it was my chance because he was a dollar short. So I said I'd pay the rest but then he realized he didn't have time to wait so he got a cheaper one that was hot N ready! So I sat back down and when he was walking out he thanked me. I decide to just ask him right off the bat if we could come by and share a message with him another time. He said yeah please, I need it. Can you come tomorrow? He said that and I was so surprised I was like yeah we can do that. He was staying at a camp ground and didn't know how to explain how to get there and talked quiet and I had a very vague idea of how to get to him but we said we'd be there at 11! The rest of the day we did some service mowing and weeding for another guy.
Friday the miracle continues! We left early so we could find it! We were lost and couldn't find it for about an half our when suddenly I knew the name of the camp ground and we looked it up and we took a wrong exit originally and we ended up finding him and showing up at exactly 11! Don't know how but we went straight to his spot! They live in this little motel type of room but we teach them outside. We had a very, very spiritual lesson! He really opened up and it didn't go as planned, it was better than we could have ever planned it! He was in tears almost the whole time. His wife and neighbor were there and his neighbor wanted us to teach his two boys and it was awesome! Still can't believe we even found him! Thanks to the good Lord for that!
Saturday it still continues! We had a lesson first thing Saturday morning because he asked us to come back again! Again it was wonderful! He is going through a lot and has to work through a lot before he is baptized. I know he will be but it will be a long time! He was very grateful we came back, he told us it showed him that we care. Hopefully we can Baptize the whole camp ground eventually! Hahaha! After that we went and Mowed and had breakfast for lunch! It was so Heavenly! Brother Wilson makes such good food!
Sunday was a little hard. First off, they didn't show up for church. Then later that day we had a little boy in the branch pass away which was heart breaking. We're very close to his family and we spent the last couple days trying to help them out and stay positive even though it's very hard. We are definitely praying hard for them.
Monday we were outside of a members house going up for dinner when Nathan, the guy we found, and his wife, pulled over to talk to us and say sorry for not coming to church, they had no gas! They felt bad and asked if we could come back! Which was awesome! Made the day better for sure.
Tuesday we had a couple lessons and helped rip up carpet and put laminent flooring down at a members! My back hurts today for some odd reason! Haha! Today we had a district activity and we just played a bunch of games and had a blast!
Well I love you all! Thanks for being awesome! The church is true!
Love Elder Smoot










No comments:
Post a Comment