Area: Jackson
![]() |
| I'm sorry I rode a horse on my mission!
Couldn't resist
|
![]() |
| Exchanges with Elder Michels |
![]() |
| buying Harry Potter legos |
![]() |
| Legoing |
![]() |
| All of the kid meal toys |
Howdy howdy,
Hope everyone had a wonderful week cause I know I did out here in Jackson. Starting on Wednesday we went out to Wellston with the senior couple to visit a less active part member family! It was a pretty fun time! They had two adorable puppy pit bull mixed with American bull dogs. They were pretty chunky and hilarious to watch run. I was playing around with one when an older dog decided to nip my butt! Haha Kinda felt like I got grounded from having fun after that! Her husband who isn't a member is a prison guard! He had lots of insane stories he was telling us! I was laughing pretty hard about how crazy they were! But we ended up giving the wife a blessing before we left and she was so grateful. He works every Sunday and they only have one car so it's hard for her to make it to church! Hopefully we can figure out!
Thursday, we had district council! It was really good! The whole thing was about unity and teaching in unity! It was awesome! After that we just tried to find people! We went and brought flowers to a young lady who was 93 and was the sweetest. We had a member tell us to go visit her so we did and she was awesome! Sweet lady.
Friday may have been the craziest day for sure. Started off having some service fall through. We did some weekly planning and after we decided we were gonna go garage sale contacting! It was sweet and we passed out a book of Mormon because of it! Plus elder Nelson finished off his McDonald's toys serious of the incredibles except for frozone! But he also got a 40 dollar Lego set for 2 dollars and some missing parts. Haha! but it was Sweet! But randomly in the middle of the day we had a call from a member in Arizona that had a strong accent and he was trying to convince us that we need to go pick up his friend in oak hill and take her to Columbus. It seemed so fishy! But turns out it was legit and he got a hold of our branch President who was out of town and he kept trying to get us to break all sorts of rules! But our branch President asked us to go to the house and see what we could do but by the time we got there they had figured things out. I guess she was in a bad situation and people were trying to break into her house and what not but turns out she was living in her ex husbands house and is a drug addict and her ex husband needed her out because she was on drugs and wouldn't stop. We ended up having the coolest lesson with him and he is awesome! 27 and has two boys! He was really interested and wanted to hear more! So we're going to start meeting with him! It was so cool! Crazy how the Lord works!
Saturday we mowed the Wilson and their neighbors lawn and had a lesson after. It was a pretty good time. We also gave her a blessing because she was having health issues and is now in a nursing home as of Monday. That night we had a couple solid lessons planned in.. or so we thought. The first one fell through so we went to another one! As we walked up I saw a note on the door the basically said Mormon boys, not interested, have a good life! Hahaha! I got a picture and I'll send it! Haha it was hilarious because we were with the senior couple, Elder Allison was giving me crap because I didn't knock so I was like you can if you want but it's a waste of time if she's gonna say no. So he goes alright if you get in the house next door, who was a former, well go knock it! So we did and the guy answered goes come on in Elders! Haha This guy was awesome! He was like make yourself at home! Pointed out all his hidden guns in the room, gave us a pop and we had a good time. He's an old truck driver that doesn't get out much and he looked at me and said "oh you're just the right size" haha I was so lost. He was like "follow me!" So we followed him and he tossed me a couple of carhartt things and said take it and wouldn't let me leave without it. He felt bad about not giving elder Nelson anything so he gave him a sweater that is pretty big on him! Haha it's awesome! I didn't even know what to say. He was just like I need this gone!! Haha great day.
![]() |
The lovely sign that was left for us!
Haha the senior couple ended up trying and got chewed out
because they didn't read the sign!
|
![]() |
| Elder Nelson wanted to try my new clothes on! Haha |
On Sunday church was awesome! We got to go to primary and have Elder Nelson read his story of Ammon book! That's always good! We had lunch with the Maquindangs and had dinner/a birthday party that night at the Cruses for Jr. Aka bro Maquindang! I love that family so two meals in one day was awesome! Haha it was a party.
Monday we mowed the Cruses lawn and mowed Jr property for him! It was a awesome! Later on that day we had a lesson with Jorge who is a preacher and it was Sweet! Well the end of it was... it started out as kind of a bash and ended up with bearing testimony. It's crazy how true that old saying is of "you can lead a horse to water but you can't force it to drink!" It reminds me so much of missionary work! We can show scripture promise blessings bear testimony, anything, and what it comes down to is agency. That's why God's plan is perfect! Because he allows us to choose for our selves!
Yesterday we had some exchanges! I went out to Waverly with Elder Michels! It was a good time! We found three new people for them and had a couple awesome lessons! Definitly love exchanges and learning things from other Elders! It's crazy how much you can learn!
Today we just hung out and did the basics! Haha not much else to do! My comp bought a 60 dollar Harry Potter Lego set, which if you ask me is pretty cool!
love you all! Hope you have a good week!
Love Elder Smoot









No comments:
Post a Comment