Wednesday, April 11, 2018

Wk 38 - Eye opening miracles on the tools the Lord gives us

Companion: Elder Green
Area: Mansfield
We got to witness a baptism for April, the Sister's investigators,
and stand in on her confirmation 

Visiting Bro Rhea and I stole his glasses. I couldn't see anything. 

Elder Coons parking skills. 
Disc golf! There were two more but they left early
To be honest this last week or so has kinda been a challenge. Not with my companion or anything other than the work. I'm not sure if I've ever been more stressed because of the work. We pretty much lost our whole teaching pool and have had to restart! Although it's been pretty rough we've had a great time and a great companionship to keep things flowing. Most of all we've had a couple pretty awesome experiences, or miracles, over Facebook.

The first I'd like to share is reaching out to my cousin. If they read this I hope they don't mind because this was probably the best part of my week and I love them dearly. I felt very strongly that I needed to reach out to a cousin over Facebook messenger,. They had messaged me in the past and I wasn't sure what to do because I wasn't sure on the rules. It kept coming back to me so I decided to respond. Anyways they shared a very spiritual experience with me that taught me something very valuable, to pray. I know we are supposed to pray always but even praying over the "little" things makes a huge difference. I loved that and it is so awesome to have the tool the Lord gave us. 

Another facebook miracle we had was with a lady named Mary. I felt like I should look through the market place on Facebook and see if anyone was asking for help. Most of the things were job opportunities of course but about five minutes in I saw someone offering someone twenty dollars to help them move into their house  in Akron! So we messaged her! hahaha Told here we'd love to help and she was like we?? This is for one person and we're like its okay we'll do it for free! hahaha We are missionaries, that's what we do! She responds saying umm I'm not comfortable with that, there is a lot of red flags coming to my head from this!! So, of course we didn't really think of it that way then we explained a little more and we said oh we understand no worries. Promise we weren't trying to do anything bad, were just missionaries from the Lds church, we live in Mansfield... ect. and she was like what's the address of your church??? haha so we told her and she responded like thirty minutes later, "hey I just called the church, turns out you guys are actually members! Sorry for freaking out!! hahaha" So we ended up getting her number and giving it to the missionaries in Akron, who in July will be in our area, and they went and helped them move the next day and got to teach them!! Holy smokes that was exciting! I know love Facebook for an even more exciting, righteous purpose!! hahaha Who knows maybe I'll get to meet that lady some day and serve in her area!! 

Anyways, today was pretty fun! All the elders in our district went shopping together and went and got disc's for disc golf, gave a couple haircuts to them, and went and played disc golf! Made for a sweet day! 

Love you guys! Have a good week!!

Love Elder Smoot 

No comments:

Post a Comment