Area: Mansfield
![]() |
| Amish country |
![]() |
| Elder Green and I gettin buggy! |
![]() |
| an Amish goat!!!! |
![]() |
| Weather was bad this week! Ohio please stop snowing |
![]() |
| Mama V with the Easter gift |
Pretty average week with a crazy exchange to finish it off! Last week on Thursday we took a wonderful country drive out to Marion Ohio for interviews!! It was sweet! It was raining and very scenic! Right after we had district meeting! That's was pretty exciting but it pushed lunch back like two hours and I didn't realize eating lunch at noon everyday how much my body was on a schedule! Haha I could have sworn my stomach was gonna eat its self! That night we went and gave Sister Vidra, who we call Mama V, a blessing because she just got admitted to the hospital. She asked me to give the blessing and it was so wonderful how at that moment I tried my very very hardest to rely in the spirit and I don't really know what I said but she loved it! Gosh I love the Holy Ghost!
Friday was really just a bunch of studies and administrative stuff. Not too much happened other than having a great lesson with David and Eddie! Well we thought it went great but we haven't been able to get ahold of them these last few days so we really hope they haven't given up! We really want the best for them!
Saturday and Sunday! Holy smokes! What a powerful powerful general conference! It was incredible and the announcements as they were announced were so powerful I instantly knew that things were supposed to change and get better! We had a pretty cool experience. We got to watch 3 of the sessions in the hospital with Mama V! Saturday afternoon we went and watched it at the Hindbaughs and that was a party! Haha! Love those guys! Got to cuddle with their big dog so that was nice cause I didn't really have a choice he just kinda jumped on me! For Priesthood session we had a BBQ at our church with all the Priesthood! How great are our leaders!? Holy cow! I loved General conference, and this year for the first time I didn't even doze off once! How crazy is that?
Monday we just did some service for a man in the ward who can't do much on his own but he was a funny guy so it was well worth it! Had a good talk and dinner with the Nuendorfs for missionary Monday! Then went and gave a blessing with them as well! It was pretty cool!!
Tuesday we had exchanges!! It was pretty exciting! The day kinda started slow up until about 15 minutes into lunch we got a call form Elder Hepler and Elder Green, who were working in the same area. Didn't realize we missed like 13 calls and finally felt it. We were told they were locked out of the apartment and in attempt to get in Elder Hepler tried to open the window and shattered it and started bleeding!! So we sped home and helped them out. On our way back to an appointment we heard a lout "pop" and about ten seconds later a low tire pressure light came and we had a popped tire!! So we switched it out got it to the shop and dropped the tire off, went to the lesson and straight back to the shop. Had dinner and went to an institute class they have in Clearfork! It was pretty awesome! and a good experience! Crazy day of events but a good one!! haha!
Today we went back out to the Amish people, it was pretty cool! He even sang us a song out of their hymn book!! Very nice awesome people!!
Love you all!! Hope ya'll loved conference as much as I did!! I hope you have a wonderful week!
Love Elder Smoot





No comments:
Post a Comment