Wednesday, March 7, 2018

Wk 33 - Called to Train!


Companion: Elder Brumfield
Area: Mansfield
Been beautiful almost all week til now! A blizzard just hit! 

Basketball tournament Phil then brother Crawfords

Moving the Hinbaugs in laws! 
Selfies during service 
When the ward finds out we ate rabbits!
Haha it was chicken though! 

Pretty crazy week this week and a lot of things happened so I'll try my best to remember it all!! Starting with last week, Thursday 
we had zone conference! Oh my goodness it was easily one of the best ones I've had! It made me so excited for the work again! We talked a lot about the atonement. This whole week we talked a lot about the atonement. How significant it was what the Lord did for us and how he was the only one capable of doing it. It's amazing! I love it! We also talked a lot about member missionary work! President Stratford gave some statistics on it. 1 in every thousand people that we knock into or talk to get baptized on average. But it keeps going up with using a members name, to having lessons in members home to all the way to 660 out of every 1000 will be baptized if the member introduces someone to the missionaries and facilitates the lessons in their home. Oh my goodness! From .1% to 66% just by members being missionaries! I know what I'm gonna do the rest of my mission to be more successful in the Lord's vineyard!! If you want true happiness, help someone else find it! Bring the missionaries over and start introducing people!! 

The day after zone conference we got a call from a member who was a grandmother to one of our investigators asking us to come help someone move! We were like oh yeah of course! There ended up being Dave and Eddie there! Two of our progressing investigators that we lost contact with but found out there that his phone broke. But it's all good he got a new one and we're back in business all thanks to a member!!

Friday we went over and helped out Brother Crawford again! Mostly small stuff this week besides two huge vanities around his house and up the stairs!!! Both had two sinks and granite counter tops with what felt like about 10, 45#  weights in the bottom of it. 

Saturday was pretty crazy but a way fun day! To start off the morning we went and played some basketball! Clearfork had a 3 on 3 basket ball tournament that we decided to jump in on! We brought bro Crawford and an inactive member named Phil who's a pretty big boy!! It was a double elimination and we beat every team but in the championship game we lost then had to go give blood so we left without finishing! haha oh well! It was way fun! Sister Anderson signed us up to give some blood at the church so we went to do that for the first time for me! It was weird and not as bad as I thought! Haha I successfully gave blood! 

This last Sunday we haven't been able to find investigators all week so Sunday we really needed to find some! So after church we headed straight out to find some gators! Within the first 50 minutes we got all 5 new investigators and we hit the standards! Geeze if that wasn't a miracle, I don't know what is! 

Well Monday night we had just gotten done eating dinner and sharing a spiritual message with the Neundorfs when our phone started ringing and it was President! Elder Smoot, the Lord is calling you to train. Are you ready? Well that was pretty crazy! Guess I'm training and I get a new missionary from the Mtc tomorrow at transfers! Yesterday we had the train the trainer meeting and it was pretty good! I definitely learned a lot and I hope everything goes good! I'm very humbled, nervous, and excited for the trust that the Lord has put in me! I loved being Elder Brumfield's companion and I definitely learned a lot! He's a great missionary and I'm gonna miss him!

Love you guys! You're the best! I'll let you know next week who my next comp is! I get to meet him tomorrow! Have a good week! 

Love Elder Smoot 

We scared the sisters! 
Haha not nice I know but its okay it goes both ways. Much more to come. 

No comments:

Post a Comment