Wednesday, February 28, 2018

Wk 32 - Week of not much activity

Companion: Elder Brumfield
Area: Mansfield
District Activity! We got to play some wiffel ball and chair soccer
Brother Crawfords basement/man cave! our paint job!
and a huge TV with very nice speakers with a couch that has plug ins in it. 


Well this past week was very slow as far as progress. Time went fast but not much happened. 

Alycia and Andrew came with their three kids to the Blue and Gold Banquet, which means we got to go and it was pretty sweet because dinner came with it! After it we gave Andrew a chapel tour and he seemed to like it! Sadly, something is stopping them from responding to our texts right now so since then we haven't been able to set anything up. The Wynns, Eddie and David, some very solid investigators that we don't know where they live, their phone has either been turned off or they just blocked us. So we hope all is well and they'll be able to get in contact with us again! The work will still go on! 

This P-DAY was pretty fun. We had a district activity where we played wiffel ball! It was so sweet! We also played chair soccer, which is kinda like regular soccer slash dodge ball where the chair is your goal and if your chair gets hit your out until the person that got you out gets out. Yeah kinda hard to explain but shout out to Chelsea's example-some how I won a game with soccer involved! haha! Me and Elder Brumfield went and played disc golf and you wouldn't believe it but some how, some way I hit a hole in one this week! Hallelujah! Church is True! 

One pretty awesome experience that happened this week was in church. Sadly we didn't have anyone end up coming but a few days before, our Bishop had asked us to come in and share the message of the restoration to the priests. There was four of them and our Bishop. The same message we share as our first lesson to almost everyone we come in contact with, it's simple, it's bold, and the spirit is so strong. I love it. I have grown such a strong testimony that Joseph Smith was truly called as a prophet of God and that the same church of Jesus Christ that he had established when he was on this earth has been restored. I shared the whole story of the mirror, Jesus's church that he had was this big and glorious mirror, when He and those who held that authority where taken off the earth, the mirror (the whole truth of the gospel) fell. When a 14 year old prayed to Heavenly Father and the Church was restored, all the pieces of the mirror were brought back together into one beautiful restored mirror. The message is simple yet powerful. I love this work. I love the Gospel. I pray for you all. 

Love ya, have a wonder week! 

Love Elder Smoot!

No comments:

Post a Comment