Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Wk 29 - Hey Everybody!

Companion: Elder Brumfield
Area: Mansfield


Our district pic with the selfie stick!

Knocking

Amish people always blocking the road.
 Jk they're amazing people
Out in the country


Los 3 Mayas with elder Winn on exchanges 
Our district activity!
Our ward,-us and the sisters, versus Clearfork.
We won! 



at cub scouts

This week was pretty cool! We ended up finishing off the week with 2 at church 3 on date and 7 new investigators. Pretty awesome week. We had a pretty cool miracle happen as well.


But I start off with an update. This past week Alycia kind fell off the the face of the earth. Which is hard! As you could imagine when you see people grow a testimony then suddenly lose their desire. We sent her the word of wisdom pamphlet and haven't really heard back... But hopefully she prays and continues to have a desire.

Anyways on with the good 'ol stuff. We ate at Los 3 Mayas 3 days in a row last week. Then once this week so far. The place is just too good. We went after district conference then after service a member took us and then on Saturday we went with the Spanish missionaries. Some at least. Senior couple elder and sister Merrill as well as Elder Gorze and Elder Wallace! It was a good time! 

Then on Sunday we had a pretty awesome miracle! We went to church and completely forgot that we had a former investigator coming to meet with us right after! We had called him last Sunday after looking through the area book again and again and his name kinda just stood out! So we called and he was like, yes please! So we start walking down the hallway and we see these guys that we hadn't seen before and then one of them goes "hey, I'm David" and we both remembered we were gonna meet with him! Haha! He also brought his dad who had met with missionaries before! We had such a powerful lesson and I wanted to share a couple things from it. First off, the Lord works in the best ways! They told us that their testimony grew because we called and the missionaries have called every time they were going through a hard time and now they know that it's a sign and not just a coincidence! They are ready to be baptized and we'll be talking about a date real soon! 

The second thing was lately I felt like I was having a hard time feeling the spirit. I couldn't figure out what was going on but they both said something. They said that it's so awesome to meet with us because they can just feel the spirit when they're with us! Every time we open our mouths the spirit is just so strong and they can just tell its true. I was grateful for that because it made me realize that after talking to Elder Brumfield that because I've felt it so much its hard to realize you have it all the time. It's so wonderful. 

I love this work and I'm grateful for it! 

Love you guys!
Love Elder Smoot 

No comments:

Post a Comment