![]() |
| Our District |
![]() |
| Elder Hopper's last district meeting |
![]() |
| Funny magnet at a members home! |
![]() |
| We went caroling at a care center |
![]() |
| Package from Lana! Sure love her! |
![]() |
Anyways it has been a wonderful week! Highlight of my week was getting to go with elder Barnes for exchanges in riverside! We got to have a car! Haha but for reals though it was so awesome! We had a day full of service and one lesson get canceled last minute but he told us he wanted to get baptized over the phone after about 2 or 3 years of investigating! He is on date to be baptized for January 20th! That was a miracle!
The Lord's is honestly the best thing, I love it. Even when it's hard, we miss home, our families, and much more especially around the holiday season. Elder Spencer gave a talk on Sunday that felt like it was for me because I needed a simple reminder of the original reason I really wanted to serve. It makes the work so much better. He talked about all that the Lord did for us. Bled from every pore, suffered, was crucified for me, for all of us individually, and because of what he did for me, giving two years of my life, giving every moment I have when I'm at home towards him is not enough. It will never be. But I know that I will build a stronger relationship with him as I diligently serve him.
Mosiah 2:17 And behold, I tell you these things that ye may learn wisdom; that ye may learn that when ye are in the service of your fellow beings ye are only in the service of your God.
I love that scripture and what a better season to remember what he did for us, and to remember to give a little back to our fellow beings and light the world!
Love you guys and I wish you a merry Christmas!
I hope all is well! I'll let you know how transfers go!
Love Elder Smoot!
| Mark Austin was in Columbus on a business trip and guess who he saw?! |






No comments:
Post a Comment