Area: Marble Cliff 2
![]() |
Current district- yes I'm wearing a scarf
|
![]() |
| At District Meeting |
![]() |
| random guy at bus stop wanted a pic |
![]() |
| trunk or treat for the ward, failed to mention it though |
![]() |
| the last one is the Harris family, cutest baby out here! |
Well it feels like its been forever but it really hasn't been, just a lot of stuff has happened! We had district meeting then immediate exchanges, getting locked out of our apartment, baptism, then a Halloween party! As you can tell it's been quite the week!
It all started with a pretty regular week. At district meeting, we decided to do an immediate exchange, because it would work better for our schedule. So we went and got the mirror fixed on the riverside Elder's car that the sisters ruined. haha Got the things we needed, and went on exchanges. I went with Elder Hopper to the riverside area. We taught a couple good lessons,and did some contacting. We had a great night,decorated their trunk for trunk or treat and did studies until exchanges were over. Right as they got over and I got home, Elder Spencer said let's hurry and throw our stuff inside we have an appointment right now! So we ran inside, threw our stuff down, ran out, and before we got to the appointment we realized neither of us had our keys and our doors lock automatically. We went straight to dinner then spent the rest of the night trying to break into our apartment and avoiding a 75 dollar fee! We were so tired of calling people and figuring out how to get in we finally got ahold of the Assistants and they told us to figure it out tomorrow and have Riverside come pick us up and spend the night in their apartment! It was a party! haha jk we only had our proselyting clothes, our tablets and a book of Mormon. We were hoping we could use Elder Hepler's height (6'9") to get in the next day but that didn't work out too well. haha We ended up calling the leasing office and it's only 75 dollars if it's after hours so they let us in for free. Quite the adventure I'd say.
![]() |
| Herbert's baptism |
Saturday, we had Herbert's baptism! What a guy! It was so awesome to watch him and help him to grow a stronger relationship with Jesus Christ and to develop that faith. He had enough to quit smoking! I had the privilege of baptizing him! It was such a wonderful experience and I have never seen a brighter smile! At the end he bore his testimony. He told his story of how he came to find out the truth. Before we ever met he had been looking for the true church. Something he could believe in. He had gone to many different religions. He said, right when he gave up looking, he basically told himself that if God wanted him to know the truth he'd show it too him. Right after we came riding down the street and started talking about religion with him! He was like oh okay, I guess this is it! haha It was such a strong testimony and it was very amazing to hear it.
![]() |
| Yeah we accidently stayed on the bus talking to someone and ended up at the zone leaders area at the casino so we got a picture |
Happy Halloween!!!! We got a letter from President saying he wanted us to find a place with a member to be at for the night of Halloween! We got permission to go to a member's house in one of Elder Spencer's old areas and he took us and a buddy from the ysa ward at OSU to get some deep dish pizza and back to his house for the rest of the night! His name is Tom Borrow, he's awesome, when he answers the phone he says "this is Tom it's a party! haha He's been a member for 3 years and he works in the temple. He's a wonderful man!
Anyways, since it's transfers and we found out already, Elder Spencer and I will both be staying so we are pretty excited about that and can't wait for another great transfer!
Today for Pday we went to the Easton mall with Riverside Elders and looked around in Dicks sporting goods, Field and stream, REI, just some good outdoors and athletic places! We also went to Sloopy's again and for some reason the challenge was a lot harder this time! But we still did it!
Well love you guys!Hhope everything goes well and you have a great week!
Love, Elder Smoot
*I asked Tayton what really helped you in wanting to serve a mission?
Elder Spencer said, "trying to put other people before himself, it talks about in the book of Mormon it talks about the worth of souls, you can't put yourself before others, if you don't serve the Lord you're going against his will.
for me (Tayton) I think what it came down to was that decision I had made initially in primary. but that made me think, do I really want to leave my horses, fishing, family, and really my life behind for two years knowing that it wouldn't be easy. I knew I should. I think my final conclusion was, how selfish would it be for me to not serve for only two years, after all that He has blessed me with and done for me, I knew that wherever I went there was someone waiting to hear the gospel. I want more than anything to give back to Lord as much as I can.
![]() |
| canes with brother Burchett |
![]() |
| pizza with Tom and Joe |
![]() |
| Today! The mall |
(We decided to surprise Tayton with a pizza on Halloween! We didn't realize until he called Alan that Tayton's apartment complex was in a gated area and the pizza delivery guy couldn't get in to knock on their door! Luckily- he had a friend that lived there, so he called him and he let him in to deliver the pizza! Tayton said it was very surprising- because noone knocks on their door!)
![]() |
| The best surprise ever here's the legend that delivered it! |
![]() |
| surprise brownies |
![]() |
| breakfast this morning |

























No comments:
Post a Comment