Monday, April 8, 2019

Wk 90 - 4 of 4 General Conference

Companion: Elder Oettli
Area: Newark
Hammocking!

Cambridge District!

We did a role play and I was supposed to be
bottle feeding my baby so I used Elder Oettli! 

Elder Lowry and Elder Jones- being themselves

Elder Hepler- being him
teaching the kiddos- and
they tackled Elder Oettli!

Howdy howdy!

Well this week was awesome!! I'm pretty sure we found someone just about every day!! It is insane how busy we are but thats what it's all about right? I wouldn't have it any other way! We had three exchanges in a row! 

Monday night was pretty sweet! We ended up finding one guy named Kevin who was pretty open and invited us right back then we had a solid lesson with five kids!! Two are recently baptized members and the other three want to be baptized! It was pretty crazy teaching that many kids but it actually turned out really well and the spirit was very strong, except when Brother Williams popped his wound vac off of his stomach on accident which caused some great stress in the home!! It was a solid way to finish a great day! 

Monday night we started our exchange with the assistants! Elder Hepler and I went on yet another exchange! We might as well be companions! But it was a super good day! It was very busy with lesson after lesson but we still managed to find a few new people to teach! Oh how I love miracles! Probably the best part of the day was meeting an elderly women named Pinky! She had bright pink hair and everything was pink for her decor! We also got chewed out by a guy who claimed we believed in the wrong thing. He was holding a sign on the corner of a busy road that said "Jesus died for you" so we stopped to take a picture with him. But sadly he wouldn't let us, so we bore testimony and let him carry on! It was another great exchange with Elder Hepler.

Wednesday was another great day! We headed down to Zanesville for their district council which was way good and we went on exchanges with the Cambridge elders right after! My trainee Elder Green is in Cambridge so that was fun to see him! But I ended up going with his companion Elder McInnes! He's such a stud! I got to talk to him a lot because we did a lot of work out in the country so a lot of driving! But it was super good to get to know him! We talked to some pretty awesome people! Cambridge is awesome! Although there was one lady that flipped out at us because we knocked on her door at eight o'clock when it was still bright out! People these days! Gotta love em! 

Thursday we had another exchange with the Mt Vernon Elders! I got to go with Elder Jones which was a blast from the past because I haven't served around him since we were in the same district in the mtc! He's a stud though! It was good to get out and  be in the very fortunate warm weather we had!! We got some panda express which makes every day good! Then we finished the night playing basketball with some non members and some returning members which was awesome! 

Friday we finished up exchanges in the morning with some bingo! We got to do service with Lelah and the rest of the wonderful people in assisted living! It's always a party! After that we stayed busy planning and making calls! After that we met two more new people to teach! It was a blessing! We had another great lesson with all of the kiddos! It was a good time and they pay attention! We also make them teach the lesson back to us! It's awesome! Then we stopped by Randy's that evening and had a good lesson with him! Friday was another solid yet busy day! 

Saturday and Sunday were the bomb and easily the best days of the week! Saturday we got to watch General Conference out at the Powells! We got to help them demolish some arches that were on the front porch so they can build a new one! That was a lot of fun! 

Sunday we got to watch it with the Halls! General Conference as a whole was amazing! It definitely added to my testimony that there is a living prophet on the earth today! What a blessing! I love God, He's way too good to us! 

Well I love ya'll and hope you have a wonderful week! 

Love Elder Smoot! 

No comments:

Post a Comment