Wednesday, March 13, 2019

Wk 86 - Go Bucks!

Companion: Elder Paul
Area: Newark



Elder Paul trimming the nostril hairs...


District Activity!



Elder Morse from OSU

Apes coming in clutch

Howdy howdy!

 Well this one will probably be a lot shorter than last week! This week has been wonderful! We have been crazy busy, out of town going on exchanges and all those faith building experiences! To finish off the day last Tuesday, we went and met with Randy for his new member lessons. Which was good as always and after we headed to the church for ward coordination. It was a pretty good night and a good way to end a good day!

Wednesday was sweet! We got to go to OSU campus! It was awesome! We started the day off with their district council which was sweet! It was very good! I got to go on exchanges with Elder Morse who's a stud that wrestles for UVU! I came out with him from the mtc! We walked a ton and talked to a lot of people! Had a sweet lesson the next morning. We definitely had a great time wrestling that night! Haha he's a stud and I love that man a lot, I learned a lot from him. We had one sweet experience...we walked with this girl for like 30 minutes and gave her a bom, at the end. She was so grateful, she gave us a hug and we had no idea what to do! But it was a great day!

Thursday we headed back and got back to work. We got back later in the day than we thought. But that's just the life of a missionary! And I guess life in general really! Anyways it was a great day, we ended up going to a part member family's and blessing their house. We went and stopped by the couple people in our apartment complex that we've been meeting with. Then we finished the night off playing basketball with the Elders quorum and a couple of non members! It was a blast! They started doing it every week so we made it a goal to get someone there every time.

Friday was a busy planning and reporting day as usual. Having follow up calls and all of that jazz. When the evening came around we got to go over to the William's house and meet with Colton again. He's such a stud! I definitely look up to that kid a lot! Afterwards to finish the night we went over to visit Randy. Had a good talk with him and set up a time to do family history so we could get him a name to go to the temple! Aren't we sly?! That night we ended up driving out to Westerville to spend the night with the Nepali elders for exchanges! There's four Elders in the apartment so it was a pretty fun night and Elder Paul and I ended up sleeping on the floor!!

Saturday I came back to Newark with Elder Gloschat! He's been out about a year and has been speaking Nepali for about six months. He's a great missionary! It was a good day. In the morning we did some Facebook finding and comp study because the rest of the day was packed! We went to a lesson at noon that was with Jackson who a student at Dennison. It was weird to be on a college campus again! But it was a pretty good lesson! Afterwards we had service at the Powell's putting insulation on the ceiling! The after math was that it looked good but all the fiber glass on us and in us was awful! Then to make it worse Brother Powell asked me to give a talk in church the next day! We came home and showered, ate and went back out in the pouring rain! It was awesome! We stopped by Logan and talked to him for a bit. He's doing good. Then probably the best part of the day was when we went over to the Sesser's, someone people us and the sisters kinda tag teach, not sure how or why, just was happening when I got here. But we went over there and watched "Joseph Smith, The Prophet Of The Restoration"! It was so good. Every time it talked about Joseph receiving revelation Travis kept getting the chills and was like "what is that?!" It was awesome! Well anyway, finished the night of good running home in the pouring rain!

Sunday I gave a talk in church! I really didn't have to much time to prepare but it went really well I think, at least according to Elder Paul! We had a couple people there and it was awesome! After church we got home did some study's and went and gave an awesome women in our ward named Cheryl a blessing. She was baptized a couple years back and has been trying to help her husband join! He's an awesome guy! The blessing was pretty sweet and was a good experience! We brought brother Hall with us and he brought us to Sister Gray! She's in a nursing home and we got to bring her the sacrament. She's awesome! Just a ball of energy and gratitude! I love Lelah! After that we went to the Powell's!! Some of the realist homies in the ward for sure! Haha I love them a lot and they're always good for life advice! We then headed to Randy's to help him out with family history with Brother Taggart but he had it all figured out so we ended up talking to mama most the time! Which was awesome cause she hasn't been too much of a fan of other elders but she likes us we hope!

Monday was sweet! For district activity we went out to Mt. Vernon! We had the activity at the ward mission leader's house who used to be an Amish family but read the book of Mormon and now are members. Long story short, but it was awesome! They made us some dang good food and we got to play baseball with their kids! It was a good time!

Well I love you all! Sorry for the late email but I hope you know I love you and you're in my prayers!

Love Elder Smoot!

No comments:

Post a Comment