Wednesday, June 20, 2018

Wk 48 - Week was literally LIT

Companion: Elder Blake
Area: Jackson
          Tacoma time after a storm

Just talking to some homies wanting for our food at rallys! 
Famous Jackson Bubble 


Morning Time

Service

grilling in a rain storm

Facebook finding

Hikin'!



Our pday morning hike  



Hey Y'all!

This week was absolutely insane! I can't even comprehend much of what has happened. To start off I guess I will share the miracle that we have experienced. 

So as a mission we had been promised that each companionship would be able to baptize before July 1st or the mission change if and only if we worked hard and were obedient. We had not been able to find anyone yet and it's basically been very very stressful. We needed someone who had already been to church because it's a requirement to go to church at least three times before baptism. On Thursday we started the day out with a wonderful district meeting  We had our interviews with President Stratford later in the afternoon around dinner so we spend the whole day doing studies and Facebook finding in Chilicothe to save miles and over an hour of driving. We knew that afterwards we didn't have a whole lot of time to go out and teach and find but we felt we needed to go to a place in our area called McArthur. It is at the furthest point of our area but we felt it was the right place. So we go and talk with people in our area book who had been to church because we had 2 Sundays left before June 30th! After talking to or trying by everyone in the books with no luck in the actual town, there was one family who had investigated in the past and they were even further but we just decided, you know, we're already up here might as well visit them. So we did. We went to find the Dad who had been to church 10 times and we ended up finding Cheyenne, his fiance who had been 2 times in the past!!! She was a former but is so ready for the gospel. We were able to teach her and apparently she has had some dark events happening in her life and feels like baptism is the way to go. She came to church and is now going to be baptized on June 30th. She was able to answer most the questions and understand everything that was even taught in gospel principles. We are very excited for her! I don't know if I've ever seen anyone so willing to change their life around that fast! It was such a miracle!!! 

Friday, We got a call to do some service for a member we've been dying to help! He's a dope Filipino guy who has about 8 acres and mows half of it! He took us out to his property and I got to mow half of it! It was so sweet and turned out to be a pretty long day and needless to say I got pretty burnt! haha!

Also this week we went on exchanges with two of the sets of Elders in our District. Saturday I went with Elder Klinkowski up in Chillicothe! He's form Cache Valley. He's such a sweet guy! I Literally only knew one Elder in my district before I got here but now I'm getting to know them all and they are so sweet! I love them so much! I learned a ton from Elder Klinkowski! He's such a stud and only in his training! That day we met a ton of people and found a couple of investigators. He had been struggling with being happy because of homesickness and that day after we talked to someone he was so happy and said this right here is the most joy I've felt in my mission! That made me soo happy! 

Sunday was a day of Miracles!! We had Cheyenne show up to church and one other potential investigator! My goodness we thought that was incredible because this area was very slow and hasn't seen anything in a long time! We also had about 3 or 4 less active families show up that we've been working with! It was so crazy and a great father's day! Happy Father's day Dad! 

Monday, we did some service at the food pantry and took care of some things. It wasn't too eventful but it was a good day. 

Tuesday was exchanges with Elder Michels! He's from Arizona! Pretty sweet guy and he's hilarious! It was such a fun day in Jackson! We doubled in here so we got to go do service and some Facebook finding with Elder Blake and Elder Coon. We ate like kings that day. We had pancakes for breakfast, pizza hut buffet for lunch, which is very good. Didn't even know they had that! Then dinner we grilling out and a crazy thunder storm! Was crazy but we were covered by our porch! We marinated a huge sirloin in gatorade and BBQ sauce! It turned out incredible! Then had some sonic half off shakes for dessert!

Today we went for a beautiful hike with those Elders and got everything done! It's been a sweet day!

Well this week we have been really focusing on faith and that if we even have the faith of just a Mustard seed anything can happen. I know this to be true but we also need to have patience for when we have patience we are able to see what God does with our faith. I've definitely learned from this. This goal was very humbling and while praying to know if we could really do this I just felt an overwhelming feeling that I just needed to trust the Lord, leave it in his hands! He's got our backs! Man has he ever had our backs this week! 

I hoe you all have a great week! I love you all and hope you know that! 

The Lord loves you and knows you! Trust Him and have faith in Him! 

Love Elder Smoot 

No comments:

Post a Comment