Wednesday, June 13, 2018

Wk 47 - Jackson

Compaion: Elder Blake
Area: Jackson
Elder Bond and Elder Goode 
Came out with these two and they are awesome! Love them to death! 
They are headed down to the Cincinnati mission! 
Got to see them at the District leader Meeting.


Beautiful Jackson and the almost mountains.

My flask got frozen and Elder Blake thought it was hilarious! Haha!

Stopped by a members shop! 

Golfing!
(My tag is on my pocket no worries.)

Elder Blake made cinnamon rolls! 

Taco pics in our driveway! 


He's still hanging out with us! 

Our humble abode

Howdy! This week was quite insane! Not because anything super crazy happened but just crazy busy and a lot of ups and downs and all the way arounds! Wednesday night, we met some pretty cool people! A couple young families that hopefully progress! 

Thursday, I had a district leader meeting clear in Powell so we drove and picked up another Elder and went on exchanges and drove to the meeting! I learned a ton and felt so motivated after to be a good District leader! All in all we drove about 4 to 4 and a half hours so it was quite a day! After 9 we gave the Chillicothe 3 Elders a call to see how their day was and no answer, around 10 they gave us a call back saying they were checking out of the hospital with President and Sister Stratford. They got in an accident, the driver blacked out and drove into a ditch! It was crazy! They both got mild concussions but they're fine now so that's good!

Friday was my first district meeting! I planned a few days ahead and went back to look and all my notes were gone! So I replanned of what I remember and right as I finished they got erased off my notes in my tablet again! So I used paper the 3rd time so that was crazy and I kinda got nervous because of that, then as we were walking in the assistants and the zone leaders came pulling in to surprise visit! We knew the zls were coming but 2 in 1? That never happens! Haha! Well it ended up turning out really good and I learned so much! It was a good meeting! That night we had a meeting and dinner with the branch president and family! He's legit! Haha

Saturday, we got to mow a lawn for a less active and their two neighbors! The week before while mowing, Elder Blake's mower ran out of gas so we asked them and they gave us a gas can, so he put it right in and kept mowing. We'll 5 minutes later the mower died and wouldn't start so I went and checked the gas and it was the mixed gas! We were like oh shoot were done for. Because we used members mowers and we mow their's too! Too bad we don't get paid or we'd be rich! Haha but I finished with my mower and we got it all drained out in hopes of it clearing out we let it dry out for a week and we're gonna put regular gas back in and see if it works. Come last Saturday we tried it and it started right up and worked like a dime! Miracles! Haha!

Sunday was a good day! Planned my next district meeting and had dinner at a Members and let me tell you, fillipino food is soo good! We have 4 members that moved here from the Philippines a while back and they're so sweet! They feed us once a week! 

Monday we tried finding formers all day, and we went to the southern part of our area and no luck! 

Tuesday, same as Monday but we found two new people who lived in a formers home and moved in a while back! 

Today! We went to the driving range with our next door neighbor and it was awesome! Sweet guy! 

Anyways! Love y'all so much! Thanks for all you do! 

Keep The Lord in your heart at all times! 

Love Elder Smoot 

No comments:

Post a Comment