Area: Marble Cliff 2
Stratford is taking me and my comp to dinner! Idk what we did wrong but he just randomly asked us and that never happens! Hahaha I guess we'll find out! Jk I know we haven't done anything wrong so we'll see!
![]() |
| Well sorry- I'll do better at Taking pics next week! I promise haha |
Crepes for breakfast Sunday cause we were out of everything!
Well another good week! Monday last week we finished with pday and went to visit an investigating family, then contacted on our bikes. Tuesday was such a good day! I truly experienced that exact obedience brings miracles! This week was full of them!
On Tuesday we met a man named Charles. He was walking with his Daughter and he looked like a thug. Shorts pulled down, shirt around his neck, hat sideways, smoking and all that and when we talked to him, he was the sweetest man I've ever met! His daughter was three and he had so much love for her we set up a time to teach and were able to give him a Book of Mormon and committed him to baptism. We'll see how it turns out though. It was so awesome!
We met with him the next day actually and we had a less active member that loves to feed us. Haha he's a big man and he's hilarious, he literally calls us everyday to feed us, it's very nice of him but we feel bad sometimes! Haha his names brother Burchet and he came to church this week so that was good! One of his best friends is actually Beth, our blind investigator that's getting baptized on September 2nd! She's amazing! Probably in her 30s and she's read all the way through the book of Mormon on her 2nd round!
Thursday we got a lot of contacting in! Haha and studies! We were supposed to go on splits so we left our day clear and our zone leaders had something come up! So it was a pretty long day! Well the end of the week our investigators kinda fell through but thats alright it happens!
We were on our way home Thursday or Friday night and about 5 minutes before 9 we saw this guy a block from our apartment. He was in a suite and we had the impression to talk to him! It was weird,you never see that by our apartment, but we talked to him, told him who we were and I asked him if he had kids. He said no we just got married in February but soon. I went on to say what if I promised you that through Christ you could live with your family forever. He got excited and said he'd do anything. So we thought that was awesome and we got his info and Elder Woodworth asked me to pray so I did. After the prayer I looked up and he was bawling. He said I'm speechless and I don't know what to say but thank you. He then explained that a month ago he prayed to God asking him if he was real, asking him to show himself. He exclaimed that he knew we were his answer and the spirit he felt was very strong.
Because of miracles like this I know that I'm in the right place, I know that I'm doing God's work, and as much as Satan tells me otherwise there's no place I'd rather be.
I love you guys so much remember that and remember God loves you!
You will continue to be in my prayers thank you for your love and support.
With love, Elder Smoot.
a couple questions:
*did you get that note from Jake Jayne's dad??
Yes! It was a very good surprise and it came with my bike so it was way cool! I can't wait to see them out here! Haha
*hows the cooking going?
Food-well we've cooked a lot and got some lasagna, and pasta from members. Cooking is not bad at all. Yes we do excercise everyday- we have to haha!
*do you ride your bike alot?
We ride at least ten miles a day cause we usually go down to the ghetto to see and teach people!




No comments:
Post a Comment