Thursday, August 3, 2017

Wk 3 - Weekly email, flight plans, and Durfeys!

Companion: Elder Garner
MTC


Saw the Durfeys on their MTC tour!


Well I learn a ton each and every day. That old saying of days feel like weeks and weeks feel like days is very true. I just wish I could take a nap everyday. haha but its cool to get to see everyone's experience and different perspective on all aspects.

We finished with our first two trc's and got one to commit to baptism and the other to start praying and going to church and the new ones are good but i'll tell you a little more about them next week. Good or bad experience you still learn something and it's really cool. 

On Sunday we went for a temple walk with the zone that was pretty cool. Then that night we had a really cool devotional by the relief society president and she talked about how we can relate glasses and our vision to the gospel of Jesus Christ, and how having a clear vision can help you to see who you are and who you want to be. My favorite quote from it was when she said " knowing who you are changes what you do". Knowing that I represent Christ changes what I do. 

Then we went to Elder Hollands "open your mouth" that was amazing! My favorite part was when he talked about how when Joseph Smith went to pray it made him realize that satan has power to bruise our heal and we have to power to crush his skull. He said that " satan cannot kill you but he can bind your tongue, so don't fall for that and open your mouth on your mission and the spirit will guide you with what to say" I thought that was a really good way to look at things. 

But now on to some other stuff, the foods good and all but it absolutely messes with everyone's stomach, and I definitely set a pr for most consecutive and longest passing of wind. haha I ate a salad and a bowl of fruit for lunch and we are on our way to class and me and my comp were the only ones on the elevator and as soon as the door shut, it started. I went from floor 1 all the way to 6 and ive never been more light headed in my life! anyways not that you needed to know that but shout out to Talia for the febreeze because it's saved many many lives so far!

 Anyways love you guys so much hope you had a good week! And hope you have another one!

 Love Elder Smoot!

More info:

*from the district- 6 kids are going to Columbus, 4 are going to utica new york, and the rest salem oregon

*Tayton flies out Wednesday morning- has to be ready to go at 3:30am! 

No comments:

Post a Comment