Tuesday, December 25, 2018

Wk 75 - MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

Companions: Elder Collier and Elder Olsen
Area: Dublin
Haha! We actually didn't mean to take this Pic!

Pj models





Howdy howdy!

Well hey first and foremost it's basically Christmas! So Merry Christmas to all! Well to start it all off, this week was a pretty solid week or should I say like 5 days! Last Wednesday night was legit! We had a lesson planned with a Hispanic guy who only spoke Spanish who just got here from Mexico! We found him on Tuesday night and Elder Valdez did all the talking! Well mostly. I felt pretty prompted to share a brief testimony on Jesus Christ! So I did! I asked Elder Valdez if he could translate and he did. Taking only one year of Spanish I was pretty surprised what I understood in the lesson but obviously not too much because I didn't know why I was to bare my testimony on Christ. After the lesson Elder Valdez told me that it was perfect timing and what I said was right on the money for him because he knew very little about Christ! So we set up another time and referred him to the Spanish missionaries in the area. After that we ran to the church to have a lesson with Daylon and the young men were playing a game called war ball! It was so sick! It was basically dodge ball but you're on your own team, you have like half a gym and there's one ball. When you get the ball you can't move but you can throw off the wall and let it roll to move closer to more people! It was sweet so of course we joined in and got Daylon to come play as soon as he got there! Daylon jumped right in and had a blast! It was so sweet! He loved going to young mens! It was a wonderful night!

Thursday we woke up bright and early and had to get Elder Valdez to New Albany by 10 so he could get his new companion! So we drove him in and brought him and his comp back to get back to their area and car, then waited for those coming from northern part of the mission, specifically my new companion Elder Collier who is a stud! We've had a way good time and I look forward to being with him for another good six weeks! But we ended up getting home from transfers around six. We cooked some dinner and went to the Dieders to introduce Elder Olsen and Elder Collier to them! That was a fun night and a good visit with them as usual! They also were making Christmas desserts and loaded us up!! I was not feeling too good that night even though they were way good!

Friday was a long day of planning and follow up calls! That's literally all we did until dinner but we were actually super effective and got a lot done! We had dinner with our Bishop and his family which was pretty good! Then we got to walk Biscuit! That's always a good time! We went and shared a message with the Nagys after that and stopped by some other people who have previously been taught. Good day!

Saturday we had one of the best exchanges! Elder Olsen and I went with Elder Day from Salt Lake who had only been out a whole two days in the field! This guy is a stud! Needless to say we were both pretty blown away with how prepared he is. He was willing to talk to literally everyone! We tried to find the most awkward and challenging situations like stopping a car from backing up to chasing the car and even standing strong in what we know is true when we had a "saved by grace" lady tell us we were wrong. I couldn't have asked for more perfect teaching opportunities. One of many things about him that impressed me was how humble he is. He's was ready and willing to learn. Everything we did and said, he paid careful attention to and better yet he applied it. I honestly can't say enough about how much of a stud he really is. We ended up having an incredible day and saw a lot of miracles! We knocked into a Spanish investigators house...  We ended finding four people and three of them were on the last night! It was awesome! We had such a good time! I loved it! I look up to Elder Day and Elder Olsen a lot!

Sunday was a blast! One hour of church! Haha That was weird!! We had an amazing steak and potatoes lunch at the Thomas's house! They're always good and basically a perfect family! We had a lesson after with one of the guys we found on exchanges which was good! He's a good guy but we aren't sure how fast he'll progress. Good guy though! Sunday was awesome cause we ended up hitting the standards of excellence which is always a good feeling!

Christmas eve was awesome! Had a lesson fall through earlier today and had two dinners! It was awesome! I'm stuffed! But all in all it's very weird not having snow. It doesn't feel like Christmas to me yet, but I guess it kinda has to cause its gonna be too late! but anyways Love you all. Merry Christmas again and I hope you have a wonder Christmas day and remember the true meaning of Christmas! 

Love Elder Smoot 

No comments:

Post a Comment