Area: Jackson
Well this is it for Jackson! My heart is torn.. hate to leave the members that feel like family to me, But I'm also excited for the new area at the same time. Been a long time here and have definitely always loved this place! The members here are amazing and the place is as well! One of my goals for every area is to leave it way better than I found it, I hope that's the case here! Been one of the hardest and best times of my mission here in Jackson!
![]() |
| Elder Neeser and I were out and about and smacked a frog in the truck! Haha it was pretty funny. It was like land mines everywhere! And they moved! |
This week was so good! We got to live in a 4 Elder apartment! 3 days with Elder Coon and Burton! That's always a party! Just trying to contact as many people as possible from the Apple Festival. We've contacted a few very awesome people who have some great potential and I could see progressing and some not so interested but things have been good! It's awesome having a reason to knock on a door! The other Elders that came and stayed with us were Elder Johnson and Elder Neeser! Never really worked around either but they're both from Idaho and grew up on ranches! We've had the best time in the world! It's been a party!
![]() |
| We got to have Elder Johnson and elder Neeser down for the last 3 or 4 days to help with referrals! They're both from Idaho and farm boys. They've become some of my best friends! |
![]() |
Duayne Plymales' 8 month old cow! She's a beaut!!
|
We also got to go out and do some service at the Plymales with them and Brother Plymales loved having handy missionaries on the farm! Haha gotta help him set up for the hunting season and hunt rats in the barn, fix a bunch of stuff and all sorts of that good stuff! It's been awesome! I'm definitely going to miss that place.
![]() |
| Elder Nelson loved this bug! |
![]() |
| If you look close you'll see something Elder Johnson didn't see coming for his stomach! Haha He jumped pretty bad and it was funny because we got a Pic of the keys. |
Sunday we were supposed to have 4 people at church. It was the ten year old who won the big prize and his family but they all came down sick and couldn't come but said they'd come the following week, but it's general conference so we will see how it goes! Speaking of which I've heard general conference will be life changing, even more than the last one! So watch it! It's gonna be sweet!
Well today we went golfing and it was the longest six and a half hour game ever! Haha but it was a blast! Hit up taco bell after and had a good time! For my last full day here in Jackson it's been a good one.
![]() |
| No idea what I'm gonna do without Elder Nelsons strange purchases! He bought a unicorn costume for a 3 year old.... All because it was a unicorn!! |
Now, in case you were wondering I'm headed back to the city! I'm headed to Dublin, Ohio. It's supposedly a wealthy area so the areas will be completely different! I'm excited for new learning opportunities and the chance to grow as a missionary. I got a call late Tuesday night from President Stratford telling me the Lord has called me to be a Zone Leader. So we'll see how it goes! Life is gonna be crazy!
Anyway I love you all I'm grateful for ya! Hope you have a good week and talk to ya in the next!
Love Elder Smoot









No comments:
Post a Comment