Wednesday, May 9, 2018

Week 42 - Gators on fire!

Companion: Elder Green
Area: Mansfield
This is what we made last pday! He's a nice steer! 

Bought a giant flask today cause it was awesome and 8 bucks!! Haha! and America!

Elder Nye bought an American Kan Jam! 
Two of my favorite things right there! Haha!

Wow these past two weeks have been awesome! Elder Green has just been on fire! We've not only hit the standards but we've basically been hulk smashing them! Haha the last two weeks we've had 5 gators a week and 3 on date for baptism and on top of that we've had 5 at church both weeks!! The Lord is definitely blessing us for our efforts! For a minute it was hard to be motivated but now it's just a party! I guess it's the upside and downs of a mission! It's so worth it! Plus we get to talk to our families and more importantly our Mama's! 


        Wednesday, we had a cool opportunity to give a blessing to an inactive/ part member family's brand new baby. She was so happy. The baby was so adorable and we were so happy because their son is one who's working towards baptism! Then we went to Alycia's and had a great lesson outside! Weather was awesome!

       Thursday, we had district meeting then had service canceled because it was pouring!!! Not much happened until dinner. Dinner was so good, we ate at the Wolfe's and ate some sweet pork sandwiches and green beans! They're an awesome family with all daughters- they're hilarious. We set up some service for them, we got to go and lay a ton of mulch then rip out a huge shrub from the flower beds! Not gonna lie I don't know if I've ever had such a good time doing yard work! Haha! 

        Friday we had a couple hours of service over at the Kecks who's is Sister Wolfe's parents, I could swear to ya, this whole ward is related some how. Fixed a tire and mowed the lawn, well most of it, the yard is huge. Then we got fed some of the juiciest pancakes both blueberry and chocolate chip which is by far my favorite!! Then we also had a lesson with Alycia and her gang again! Still progressing!

         Saturday was pretty lit. We went back to the wolf's for a little bit and the finished product looks like a darn model home! I'd say we did a pretty good job. The rest of Saturday was just finding and we had a lesson fall through. For dinner we got to go to the Hindbaughs for dinner and he had been smoking a ton of beef all day long for us! It was soo good! They hook us up!! 

        Sunday was stake conference! Alycia and her kids came with a friend and another guy came as well! It was so awesome and said a lot of things that were so perfect for Alycia to hear! There were a lot of youth that spoke! It was pretty cool! After we had Fhe with her and her kids at the Andersons! Gave a good lesson and talked about the articles of faith and now she's obsessed!

Monday was Elder Green's Birthday so obviously it was a party!! We went to tgi Friday's and had unlimited wings and I was in heaven! It was soo good! After we went and gave Alycia's son a blessing because his knees were killing him and that night he was walking just fine and they were both shocked! Priesthood power is real!! We got to do service for some members and they fed us so we were stuffed then we had dinner at the nuendorfs and at the end the gave us a piece of cake that was bigger than my face and I have no clue how I didn't puke as we left because I felt like a stuffed turkey! Great night but I didn't feel so well! 

Tuesday or yesterday was sweet too! We had probably the best lesson yet with Alycia! It was on the word of wisdom and the spirit was soo thick! She even teared up and asked for a blessing to help. After the blessing it was silent for about 5 minutes and she said, I know I can do this. I got this. I'm in control. The spirit was soo strong! It was amazing! After we had some amazing burgers and a birthday cake shake where they blend cake and ice cream in a blender and make it a shake. It is actually amazing but again I felt stuffed because we weren't expecting to get fed they just asked us to come over and we already ate Texas road house!! 

Today has been awesome, gotta hang out with Elder Nye and Elder Olsen again and eat some more venison tacos! Played some ball and roped for a while! 

The Book is Blue and the Church is True! Love you guys! Hope yall have a good week! 

Love Elder Smoot! 

No comments:

Post a Comment